skipToContent
🌐Primary policy

Education Ministry removes Johor teacher from duty as police probe alleged sexual abuse of pupil

Education Ministry removes Johor teacher from duty as police probe alleged sexual abuse of pupil
KUALA LUMPUR, May 22 — Police have taken over investigations into allegations that a teacher sexually abused a pupil at a school in Johor, Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek said today. Fadhlina said the teacher involved had been immediately relieved of duties pending investigations, adding that the Education Ministry would not compromise in cases involving sexual abuse. “The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has fully taken over this case. The individual involved has already been detained by the authorities. “The Social Welfare Department (JKM) has placed the child under protection. The Education Ministry will continue with its internal investigation,” she said in a statement. The case drew attention after allegations involving a teacher and a female pupil at a primary school in Masai, Pasir Gudang, surfaced on social media. Former Mathematics teacher Mohd Fadli Mohamed Salleh alleged that the school’s headmaster had lodged two police reports urging the Pasir Gudang District Education Office (PPD) to take firm action against the 28-year-old teacher. According to him, the teacher had been temporarily transferred to the district education office for three months before being allowed to resume teaching at the start of this year’s school term. Fadhlina also urged the public to report suspected sexual offences involving children to the authorities. “The authorities must take immediate action to investigate complaints involving child victims,” she said.
Share
Original story
Continue reading at Malay Mail Education
www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia
Read full article

Summary generated from the RSS feed of Malay Mail Education. All article rights belong to the original publisher. Click through to read the full piece on www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia.