skipToContent
🌐All

Malaysia still has no info on Global Sumud Flotilla activists 48 hours after Israeli abduction

Malaysia still has no info on Global Sumud Flotilla activists 48 hours after Israeli abduction
SEPANG, May 20 — The Sumud Nusantara Control Centre (SNCC) confirmed it has yet to receive any updates on participants of the Global Sumud Flotilla (GSF) 2.0 detained by Israeli forces on Monday and Tuesday. SNCC director-general Datuk Sani Araby Abdul Alim said the organisation remained in the dark over the fate of the humanitarian activists nearly 48 hours after their detention. “We have not received any official information on their condition. “They could have been assaulted or subjected to aggressive treatment. If there is still no official confirmation within 48 hours of their arrival at Ashdod Port, this is an incident that the world must pay attention to and intervene in,” he told a press conference on the GSF 2.0 mission here today. Earlier reports said the mission had entered its final phase after 54 vessels departed from Marmaris Port, Turkiye, for Gaza. SNCC had also updated the yellow and red zone boundaries based on the latest security risk assessment in the operational area. Sani Araby said participants were believed to have been placed in a “prison ship” before being taken to Ashdod Port, although official information remained limited. “As practised last year, participants were instructed under the standard operating procedure (SOP) to dispose of their mobile phones during critical moments to avoid confiscation. Once they were abducted, all communication with the Malaysian and international delegations was completely cut off,” he said. He urged the international community, including human rights organisations and the United Nations (UN), to pressure Israel to provide information and guarantee the activists’ safety. “We demand transparency and safety guarantees for all humanitarian activists involved in this mission. They are there on humanitarian grounds, not as a military threat,” he said. Sani Araby said the incident occurred as the International Criminal Court (ICC) was issuing arrest warrants against five senior Israeli forces leaders over alleged war crimes. “This shows our delegation is now under the control of individuals accused of war crimes and wanted internationally,” he said. — Bernama
Share
Original story
Continue reading at Malay Mail Education
www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia
Read full article

Summary generated from the RSS feed of Malay Mail Education. All article rights belong to the original publisher. Click through to read the full piece on www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia.