“ALOR SETAR, May 20 — Police have recovered the weapon believed to have been used in a stabbing incident involving a woman who was attacked in the neck while inside a car in front of a restaurant at Jalan Titi Gajah, Kepala Batas, on Sunday night, according to Sinar Harian. Kedah police chief Datuk Adzli Abu Shah said the weapon, a six-inch “rambo” knife, was found on Monday after being led to the location by the suspect. He said the knife was discovered about 200 metres from the crime scene, dumped in a paddy field area. “For this stabbing case, I would like to inform that two days ago we successfully found the weapon used. “The ‘rambo’ knife, about six inches, was recovered after being led by the suspect in a paddy field area,” he told a press conference at the Kedah police contingent headquarters on Wednesday. He said the recovery of the weapon marks a positive development in the investigation. In a related development, he said the victim, who is a single mother, has completed surgery and is now in stable condition. “The victim did suffer trauma due to the injuries. She is still weak but stable,” he was quoted as saying. Police previously said the suspect, a 32-year-old man, was arrested about four hours after the incident after walking 6.2km before being detained near a mosque in Taman Uda at about 1.50am on Monday. The Malay daily reported that the suspect has been remanded for seven days to assist investigations under Section 326 of the Penal Code for causing grievous hurt using a weapon.
Original story
Continue reading at Malay Mail Education
www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia
Summary generated from the RSS feed of Malay Mail Education. All article rights belong to the original publisher. Click through to read the full piece on www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia.