skipToContent
South KoreaAll policy

Special counsel extends investigation into ex-President Yoon by 30 days

Korea Times Southkorea South Korea
Special counsel extends investigation into ex-President Yoon by 30 days
A special counsel team said Wednesday it has extended its investigation into unresolved suspicions surrounding former President Yoon Suk Yeol and his wife by 30 days. The team led by special counsel Kwon Chang-young launched in February with a mandate to complete investigations started by three previous special counsel teams into Yoon's failed martial law bid, his wife Kim Keon Hee's alleged corruption scandal and other suspicions. Kwon's team said it decided to extend the investigation before its initial 90-day investigation period expires Sunday in order to continue probes into multiple cases, and reported the reasons to the president and the National Assembly. By law, the team can extend its investigation up to two times, for 30 days each time. With the first extension, the probe will run through June 24. Critics have questioned the team's performance, as it has yet to indict or arrest any suspects. Earlier this week, the team filed for arrest warrants for a former chief of state-funded broadcaster KTV and three former Yoon aides over their alleged involvement in the administration's p
Share
Original story
Continue reading at Korea Times Southkorea
www.koreatimes.co.kr
Read full article

Summary generated from the RSS feed of Korea Times Southkorea. All article rights belong to the original publisher. Click through to read the full piece on www.koreatimes.co.kr.