“KUALA LUMPUR, May 22 — Subang MP Wong Chen today claimed his parliamentary office had been denied access to the MyKhas Portal, a government-managed system used to process constituency allocations and Projek Mesra Rakyat (PMR) applications. In a statement issued today, Wong said the disruption was discovered on May 20 when his officer attempted to upload PMR funding applications for schools in the Subang constituency. He said the MyKhas Portal, managed by the Implementation Coordination Unit (ICU) under the Prime Minister’s Department, was a “vital platform” used to upload, manage and process constituency allocation applications. “Upon contacting the relevant authorities for clarification, my officer was orally informed by a civil servant that access had been blocked on the explicit instructions of superiors in Putrajaya,” he said. Wong said his office had immediately emailed the ICU on May 20 seeking the restoration of access and a formal explanation, before hand-delivering letters to the ICU’s Selangor branch and headquarters in Putrajaya the following day. “As of 10am today, our office has still not been given back access to the MyKhas Portal, nor have we received any official written explanation regarding the restriction,” he said. The PKR lawmaker said checks with other government backbenchers in Selangor, including other PKR MPs who attended the “Hala Tuju Politik” event involving former PKR deputy president Rafizi Ramli and former natural resources and environmental sustainability minister Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad last Sunday, found their portal access remained unaffected. “This raises serious questions as to why the Subang parliamentary office is the sole constituency being targeted and denied access,” Wong said. He added that denying access without notice or explanation had disrupted welfare initiatives and risked tarnishing the reputation of his office staff. “The use of selective administrative actions against an elected representative without prior notice represents poor governance,” he said. Wong called on the Prime Minister’s Department to immediately restore access to the portal and provide an official written explanation for the restriction.
Original story
Continue reading at Malay Mail Education
www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia
Summary generated from the RSS feed of Malay Mail Education. All article rights belong to the original publisher. Click through to read the full piece on www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia.
