skipToContent
🌐All

Tabung Haji: Six Malaysian pilgrims have died so far in 2026 haj season

Tabung Haji: Six Malaysian pilgrims have died so far in 2026 haj season
MAKKAH, May 19 — A Malaysian haj pilgrim died here yesterday after suffering a heart attack. Lembaga Tabung Haji (TH) said the 63-year-old woman from Setiu, Terengganu, had travelled to the Holy Land with her husband and was part of group KT19 staying at the Abraj Al-Janadriyah Hotel. It said she was pronounced dead at King Faisal Hospital at 5.53 am local time. “The body was taken to Masjidil Haram for funeral prayers after asar before being laid to rest at Al Sharayea cemetery in Mecca,” it said in a statement. TH extended its condolences to the family of the deceased and prayed that her soul be blessed and placed among the righteous. To date, six Malaysian pilgrims have died in the Holy Land since the start of the 2026 haj season. — Bernama
Share
Original story
Continue reading at Malay Mail Education
www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia
Read full article

Summary generated from the RSS feed of Malay Mail Education. All article rights belong to the original publisher. Click through to read the full piece on www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia.