“White House says Trump keeping all options open on Iran The White House said President Donald Trump is keeping all options available as negotiations with Iran continue. Speaking to CBS News, White House spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt said Trump “is keeping all options on the table at all times” and had been clear about the consequences Tehran would face if an agreement is not reached. The comments follow a Wall Street Journal report that Trump told aides during a meeting on Friday that he wanted to give diplomacy more time. According to US officials cited by the newspaper, Trump remains interested in a negotiated outcome but has not ruled out military action if talks fail to produce a breakthrough, maintaining a dual-track approach of diplomacy backed by the threat of force.
Original story
Continue reading at Middle East Eye
www.middleeasteye.net
Summary generated from the RSS feed of Middle East Eye. All article rights belong to the original publisher. Click through to read the full piece on www.middleeasteye.net.
